NYS Announces CFA Workshops & Climate Smart Communities Program
Tuesday, May 10: CREDC’s first public meeting of the year from 9-11 a.m. at SEFCU’s headquarters, 700 Patroon Creek Blvd., Albany. Register to attend
Thursday, June 2: CFA Workshop from 9-11:30 a.m. at Proctor’s Theatre, 432 State St., Schenectady. Register to attend
The CFA workshop includes an overview of the application and the CFA process followed by informational breakout sessions on specific funding available for the following project types:
- Business & Local Gov’t Assistance: Direct Assistance to Business and Other Organizations, Low-Cost Financing, Municipal/Public Infrastructure, Workforce Development, and Government Efficiency
- Community Development: Affordable Housing, Community and Waterfront Revitalization, Arts, Parks, and Historic Preservation & Heritage Areas
- Energy & Environment: Energy and Environmental Improvements, Low Cost Power, and Climate Smart Communities
Climate Smart Communities Grants
A new Climate Smart Communities grant program will be available via the CFA this year for all local governments that are ready to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and prepare for the effects of climate change. As proposed by Governor Andrew Cuomo, the 2016-17 state budget included a new Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation account as part of the state Environmental Protection Fund (EPF). This EPF account will provide funding for adaptive infrastructure, greenhouse gas management, and resiliency planning programs.
The EPF Climate Smart Communities grant program will make awards on a competitive basis to local governments for two types of projects:
- Implementation projects focused on climate change adaptation and mitigation in select categories, and
- Projects that are aligned with enabling local governments to become certified under the Climate Smart Communities Certification program.
Learn more about the Climate Smart Communities grant program athttp://www.dec.ny.gov/energy/76910.html.
Full details will be available in early May when the CFA materials are released.